Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Frustration with the Travel Industry

I am very frustrated right now. Gas prices are outrageous and when flying you have to know that at any moment in time you could be held hostage by the airlines, not to mention having to pay for checked baggage and ticket price increases left and right.

Well, now for the disclaimer. I went to dinner with a friend at a Mexican restaurant. Yes, I have had 2 margaritas and am feeling the effects of lack of alcohol intake as of late.

Now for the reason for this blog. As the dust settled from the difficult week Leah and I had 2 weeks ago, she had to go out of town. For once, she was more hesitant to leave than I was to let her go. So, off to Boston she went on Friday (see her blog for more details). I think the additional time apart has been good for us, except for last night (another story for another time). The entire Braswell family has been looking forward to tonight, when Leah was to return. Yet the weather did not cooperate and the airline industry is holding my wife hostage. At least, that is how it feels to me. Leah made it from Boston to Atlanta tonight. But, the trip from Atlanta to Little Rock, will just have to wait another day.

In our conversation tonight, Leah and I agreed that there is a silver lining to all of this. What it is it you ask... The fact that Ross is only 18 months old and has no concept of time. He has no idea that even though I have been telling him ALL DAY that we would go to the airport and pick mama up today, that in reality she will not be home until tomorrow. This delay of 12 or so hours means absolutely nothing to him. All he knows is that his mama is coming home soon. I wish my brain could work in such a simple manner.

No comments: